1. Applications must be submitted for inter-district transfer on the Inter-District Application for Admission form as a non-tuition student.
2. A separate application form must be submitted for each student who requests an inter-district transfer.
3. Approval of student for inter-district transfer is at the discretion of the Superintendent in accordance with the District's policies and administrative regulations.
4. A transition meeting must be held with the Superintendent/designee, principal and the family.
5. No inter-district transfer will be permitted if the enrollment of the grade level being requested exceeds District capacity limits and educational program limits.
6. Mason City School District will assume no responsibility for the transportation of students.
7. Applications shall be on a first come, first serve basis (date/time of receipt) with an assurance that the following order for placement will be followed:
- Mason City School District resident students will not be displaced
- Children of employees
- Students who are members of the same family unit pursuant to inter-district transfer policy
8. Applications must be submitted annually beginning April 1 through May 14, and all approvals will be on an annual basis in accordance with the inter-district transfer policy.
9. Students, who begin, but choose not to complete the entire school year at Mason City School District and who return to their resident school district during that same year will not be permitted to apply for inter-district transfer status for the following year.
10. Any student who expects to graduate from Mason High School must meet all the graduation requirements established in policy by the Mason City School District.
11. Any falsification of information on the application form will render the application null and void.