We welcome visitors in our buildings but we have specific safety checks in place to ensure the safety of our students.
Level I - Visitors/Guests
Visitors and guests must check-in at the front desk and complete the Lobby Guard ID scan.
Defined as someone signing in temporarily to drop something off, pick something up, or is invited in for a specific purpose with our students, etc.
Action: Lobby Guard Check In, Complete Sign Off Sheet electronically and leaves an ID in the office.
- Parents stopping in to have lunch
- Parents attending a classroom celebration (exception for large building parties)
- Someone visiting a staff member
- Occasional classroom volunteer
- Luxottica Volunteers to complete vision checks (with full time nurse supervision)
- Picture Day Volunteers (with teachers present)
- Guest Readers (with classroom teacher present)
- Speakers (with teachers and/or administration present)
Level II- Volunteers
Defined as someone who serves as an extension of our staff by either responsibility or frequency of attendance (i.e. daily, weekly, or monthly).
Action: Lobby Guard, Complete Sign Off Sheet attached to Request for instant Background check - Form given to the Human Resources Office. The volunteer will be added to the spreadsheet. Good for five years. Cost $16
- Office Volunteers
- Library volunteers
- Regular classroom volunteers
- Cafeteria volunteers
- Field Trip Volunteers
Level III - Staff
Defined as someone who is hired by the district as an employee
Action: Fingerprint Background check - Cost $50 (existing staff who are renewing $25)
- Support Staff
- Student Teachers
Level IV - Students in the Workplace
Defined as students who are working off-site at a place of business and receive course credit on his/her transcript.
Action: Complete Sign Off Form (business, student, and parent if student is under 18 years of age)
- Job Shadowing