Mason City Schools is searching for reliable, dependable people to train to become substitute school bus drivers.
"You already drive your children places; why not get paid to drive them? You would have the same schedule they do, summers and holidays off. Plus, if volunteering in the classroom is important to you, this job provides ample time in between runs to be the PTA mom/dad," explains CJ Thornton, Mason City Schools Transportation Supervisor.
Because children are precious cargo, the district's goal is to hire only the most competent individuals who meet the physical, emotional and moral requirements of the job.
Qualifications to be a Mason bus driver:
· At least two years driving experience.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Hold a Commercial Drivers License with required endorsements.
· Annual physical.
· Driving record check; done quarterly.
· Pre -employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
· BCII and FBI background checks.
· 15 hours of pre -service classroom training for ODE certification.
· Certification by the district.
· All bus drivers in Ohio must be recertified every six years.
· In addition to tests, trainings and certifications, bus drivers must meet certain mental and moral standards:
- Good moral character and reputation
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to control temper and maintain poise
Mason offers paid CDL training to qualified applicants.
Apply online at www.masonohioschools.com, or call 513-398-6682 Submit an application as Substitute Bus Driver. Submit questions to: MCSTransportation@masonohioschools.com.